INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SOUTH AFRICA
1. South Africa is home to the world’s largest ultra marathon (The Comrades Marathon), the largest cycling race (The Cape Argus Cycle Race), and the largest open-water swimming event.
(The Midmar Mile).
2.South Africa has 45 million active cell phone users out of over 51 million people in the country, making us one of the top five countries in the world in the use of cell phones and coverage.
3. There are three official state capitals: Pretoria (administrative), Cape Town (legislative) and Bloemfontein (judicial).
4. SA ranks 14th in the world as regards the number of prison facilities with a total number of 220 prisons.
5. SA people love movies and is ranked 16th in the world for the amount of people paying to watch movies at a cinema.
6. There are 727 airports in South Africa, of which only 143 airports have paved runways.
7. Stellenbosch University was the first African university in the world to design and launch a microsatellite.
8. Some South Africans are so ‘sold’ on Bitcoin, they’re trading their cars for it.